Safer Gambling Week 2022 will run from 17th – 23rd October this year.
This year’s event will see the whole industry coming together in a concerted effort to further promote safer gambling messages and the tools available to customers to stay in control.
Safer Gambling Week aims to reach the widest possible audience and stimulate conversations about safer gambling:
engaging with customers, operators (land and online), associations, media owners, support agencies, influencer and training organisations, government agencies and, more broadly, the general public.
The 2022 campaign will build on the growing success of the previous five years in which support and awareness have continued to increase. It is supported by The Irish Bookmakers Association and its members, along with The Gambling Awareness Trust, The Dunlewey Addiction Services Center, Horse Racing Ireland, Born na Gcon, BGC and many others, creating a genuinely pan-industry campaign.
The key objectives of SG Week are to raise awareness of:
• How to gamble more safely
• The tools that are available to help customers gamble more safely all year round
• Sources of further advice and support for those who need it
Who can Participate:
Participation in Safer Gambling Week is open to all gambling operators. Those organisations that are not a member of, or affiliated to The Irish Bookmakers Association, can request resources on the SG Week website here, to access campaign assets and receive update emails.
Social media is a vital part of the SG Week campaign and is a key tool for engaging with all target audiences (particularly supporting organisations, customers, staff and the general public).
We ask all supporters to:
• Like and Follow @SGWeek22 social media channels: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Promote SG Week through social media, either with specific SG Week material, sharing SG Week posts or by adding SG Week branding to posts
• To use #SGWeek22 and where appropriate tag @SGWeek22